The deadline to apply for Pinellas County’s Juvenile Justice Citizens Academy is quickly approaching.
Next Session: begins March 2 – May 18, 2017
- All session are held on: Thursdays, 6 – 9 p.m. at various locations throughout Pinellas County
- Class enrollment is limited to 25 persons.
- Application – Deadline: February 10, 2017
- Sessions 1 -10 Overview are designed to be information and provide an on-site experience with the providers and experts.
- The curriculum is a 10-week, one session per week program. This 10-week program gives behind-the-scene looks at various components of the juvenile justice system through hands-on participation and expert speakers.
- Free. Participants are required to attend 8 of the 10 sessions in order to graduate from this program.
- Any resident of Pinellas County is eligible to attend. Business leaders, civic representatives, as well as members of the community are encouraged to participate.
Participants in the Academy will:
- Learn about the Juvenile Justice system from prevention to commitment.
- Understand how citizens can become engaged in Juvenile Justice;
- Participate in dialogue with local elected officials and staff
Contact Pinellas County JDAI Coordinator, Gina Gibbs at (727) 453-7436 or email@example.com for additional information.